My name is
Evelyn Siefert Kennedy, a textile specialist. I founded
Sewtique in June of 1970. The
studio is located
in Gales Ferry, Connecticut.
- B.S. 1969 University of Rhode Island, Textiles and Clothing; Magna Cum Laude
- M.S. 1972 University of Rhode Island, Textiles and Clothing,
- International Society of Appraisers, Associate
- SEWTIQUE, Inc. President and Founder, 1970, Groton, CT; a professional sewing
restoration and preservation of Textiles and Apparel.
- P.R.I.D.E. Fdn. (Promote Real Independence for the Disabled & Elderly),
President and Founder, 1978, Groton, CT; a non-profit agency to assist the
disabled and elderly with rehabilitation systems including fashion,
clothing, grooming and independent living.
- Adjunct Faculty -
St. Joseph College, Hartford, CT; Eastern CT State College;
University of Connecticut;
University of Rhode Island; and Connecticut Extension
Federal Trade Commission, Care Label Law,
- Research Citation, Eastern Regional College Teacher Assn. for Textiles and
Clothing research, University of Rhode Island.
- Award of Distinction, Wm. N. Chase, Textile
Veterans Association of Rhode
Wall of Fame,
Distinguished Award, University of Rhode Island,
click to read more
University of Rhode Island, President's Outstanding Achievement Award
Recognized for services in restoration and preservation of textiles and apparel:
Americana, Boston Globe, BRIDE's Magazine, Christian Science Monitor,
Fiber Arts, Hartford Courant, Los Angeles Times, New London Day, Modern
Bride, New York Magazine, New York Times, Norwich Bulletin, Sew News,
Threads, YANKEE, and Women's Day.